We help children with cancer (particulary Osteosarcoma and Ewings sarcoma) in memory of Henry who died 3 years ago, aged 12. We're now supporting over 100 families throughout the UK and plan to help children suffering from cancer more widely in the North East of England. We're lucky to have the wonderful Alan Shearer as our patron. Henry would LOVE that! We're commencing a storytelling project in the Great North Children's Hospital as a an intial foray into 'distraction projects' for children as they undergo chemo in the NE of England.
DONATIONS can be made via MyDonate - Henry Dancer Days
2014 BALL - Raised £3000
(2015 Ball - April 11th, Beamish Hall Wintergardens. Shakedown Band, 3 Course Meal and disco)
2014 GOLF DAY - Raised over £5000 at Longhirst Hall PGA Golf Course
Morpeth Mayor 2013-14: Joan Tebbutt raised £8000
- Rowlands raised £7k during 2013 - 14
- Jill Archer has now raised £18k+ for us. (2012-13)
- Businesses in Morpeth (TSB, Newcastle Building Soc) are raising funds for us throughout 2014
- Harlands (Consett) are helping us become a more professional charity - even though we're small.
- Copthorne Hotel, Newcastle, have adopted us as their charity of the year 2014
The heart warming book of Henry's story is now available. £9.99 (plus P&P) all proceeds to the charity. E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
Please contact email@example.com for further info
All young people with Osteosarcoma experience a huge change in life - as does the whole family.
Henry Dancer Days raises funds to help people who find themselves in the position we did with our 11 year old son. It's a small way of overcoming the loss of a wonderful son - he'd be so proud as he loved to help others.
We hope this site is useful to you - for whatever reason you visit it.